April 17, 2020,
As of today Governor Abbott has issued a new executive order that requires schools to close for the remainder on the current school year. Therefore, Agua Dulce ISD will be closed through May 22, 2020 to support our community and health care professionals in the ongoing goal of containing the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Additionally, all extracurricular activities, practices and athletic events are cancelled for the remainder of the school year.
Our meal services and remote learning will continue as posted on the Agua Dulce ISD website. If you have questions about either, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Additionally, Agua Dulce ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor your symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care.
This is a difficult time for all of our students, parents and community members, but the 2020 seniors are definitely feeling this crisis more than others. Therefore, we are making plans to honor them in several ways throughout the remainder of the year. So please check our website and Facebook pages so that you can help us celebrate their graduation. We will let them know how much they mean to us.
May God bless you and keep you safe!!
Agua Dulce ISD