March 18, 2020
Agua Dulce ISD will be closed starting March 24, 2020 through April 10, 2020 to support our community and health care professionals in the ongoing goal of containing the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Additionally, all extracurricular activities, practices and athletic events are suspended while we are closed. Classes will resume hopefully on April 14, 2020.
We do not make this decision lightly. We fully realize it presents significant difficulties to working parents. However, we are hopeful that these measures will better ensure the long-term health and safety of children, staff, and the larger community.
Agua Dulce ISD is finalizing logistics on distance learning options and the distribution of food to address children’s nutritional needs while school is out. More information and guidance will be made available on our website by March 24, 2020. We will also take this time to further clean schools, buses and restock custodial and nursing supplies.
Additionally, Agua Dulce ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor your symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
This is a quickly changing situation. We will continue to monitor information, assess conditions continuously and provide the next updates as necessary via our website and email.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the community in Agua Dulce ISD stay safe and healthy. We have an incredible community and we will get through this difficult time together with hope and determination in our hearts.
Agua Dulce ISD