Notice of Regular Meeting
The Board of Trustees
Agua Dulce Independent School District
Limited Attendance Permitted
A Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees of Agua Dulce Independent School District will be held July 13, 2020, beginning at 6:00 PM in the Agua Dulce Cafetorium at 1 Longhorn Drive, Agua Dulce, Texas.
Members of the public may access this meeting of the Agua Dulce ISD Board of Trustees via Zoom using this link:
A quorum of the Board of Trustees will be physically present at one location, but for safety reasons the Board will permit only limited attendance by members of the public in order to ensure appropriate social distancing.
If you wish to participate in public comments at the July 13, 2020 meeting, but you feel the limited attendance requirement may prohibit your physical presence, please submit an email to Richard Wright, Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, July 13, 2020.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time. (This meeting will be recorded in its entirety.)
1. Establish Quorum / Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
2. Public Comments / Audience Participation
3. Reports / Informational Items / Recognition of Special Guests
A. Review Monthly Financial Reports
B. Superintendent's Report
1. TEA Guidelines for Reopening Schools
4. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the Minutes for the Regular School Board Meeting held on June 8,
5. Discussion / Action Items
A. Consider/Adopting Policy EIA (LOCAL) and EIC (LOCAL) to
Accommodate Nine Week Grading Periods
B. Consider/Approve Interlocal Agreement with the City of Agua Dulce for
Maintenance and Care of the Baseball Field
C. Consider/Approve Professional Contracts
6. Executive Session
These items require a closed meeting as authorized by Section 551.071 through
551.084 of the Texas Government Code
7. Reconvene to Open Session
8. Action taken on items discussed in Executive Session
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E or Texas Government Code section 418.183(f). Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions, or decisions will be taken in open meeting. [See BEC(LEGAL)]
The notice for this meeting was posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meeting Act on: Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
AG Teacher needed to teach Secondary AG Classes.
Secondary Math Teacher needed to teach High School Math Classes.
April 17, 2020,
As of today Governor Abbott has issued a new executive order that requires schools to close for the remainder on the current school year. Therefore, Agua Dulce ISD will be closed through May 22, 2020 to support our community and health care professionals in the ongoing goal of containing the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Additionally, all extracurricular activities, practices and athletic events are cancelled for the remainder of the school year.
Our meal services and remote learning will continue as posted on the Agua Dulce ISD website. If you have questions about either, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Additionally, Agua Dulce ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor your symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care.
This is a difficult time for all of our students, parents and community members, but the 2020 seniors are definitely feeling this crisis more than others. Therefore, we are making plans to honor them in several ways throughout the remainder of the year. So please check our website and Facebook pages so that you can help us celebrate their graduation. We will let them know how much they mean to us.
May God bless you and keep you safe!!
Agua Dulce ISD
Like The Police Song "DONT STAND SO CLOSE TO ME!!!!!
September 4, 2019
AGUA DULCE ISD RECEIVES A “B” RATING
The Texas Education Agency on Wednesday, August 14 released academic accountability ratings for school districts and campuses in Texas. The A through F ratings are based primarily on standardized tests taken by students in grades three through 12 during the 2018-2019 school year. 2019 is the first year individual schools received A-F letter grades.
Agua Dulce ISD overall rating improved from a 72 “C” to an 86 “B” rating.
Agua Dulce High School received an 82 “B” rating.
Agua Dulce Elementary received an 86 “B” rating with 4 distinctions. Distinction designations were in ELA/Reading, Mathematics, Postsecondary Readiness, and Comparative Closing the Gaps.
The district is excited to see growth across domains and we congratulate students and staff on progress made. We are grateful to our educators for their commitment to our students’ success and our families for their partnership in our success. Our district's ratings are an indication of the hard work happening in our schools to provide opportunities for student success.
It truly is an exciting time at Agua Dulce ISD. We are preparing for the 2019-2020 academic year and it is also a time to celebrate last year's accomplishments.
Mr. Richard Wright, Superintendent
We are LONGHORN PROUD!
New Info For Parents!
Dear parents and staff of Agua Dulce ISD-
This Wednesday all school districts in the state are to receive a letter grade from TEA. I have attached a statement from the Texas Association of School Administrators. The new method has systems built in place that make it difficult for small school districts with a high number of low socieo- economic students to score well. I support TASA’s stance on the A-F System. I feel our campuses are working harder than ever to give your children the best education possible. I do not believe any grade we receive is an accurate representation of the quality of education our staff provides for the children of Agua Dulce.
Superintendent Agua Dulce ISD
Federal Report Cards
Federal Report Cards for the state, district, and campuses are now available on the Texas Education Agency’s (TEA) website.
Statement of Nondiscrimination:
In its efforts to promote nondiscrimination, Agua Dulce ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or disability in providing education services, activities, and programs, including vocational programs, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
The following district staff members have been designated to coordinate compliance with these legal requirements:
- Title IX Coordinator, for concerns regarding discrimination on the basis of gender: Mr. Richard Wright, Superintendent of Schools, PO Box 250 Agua Dulce, Texas 78330 361-998-2542.
- Section 504 Coordinator, for concerns regarding discrimination on the basis of disability: contact Mr. Richard Wright, Superintendent of Schools, PO Box 250 Agua Dulce, Texas 78330 (361) 998-2542.
- All other concerns regarding discrimination: Contact Mr. Richard Wright, Superintendent of Schools, PO Box 250 Agua Dulce, Texas 78330 (361) 998-2542.
Declaración de no discriminación:
En sus esfuerzos por promover la no discriminación, Agua Dulce ISD no discrimina por motivos de raza, religión, color, origen nacional, género o discapacidad al proporcionar servicios, actividades y programas educativos, incluidos programas vocacionales, de acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, según enmendada; Título IX de las Enmiendas Educativas de 1972; y la Sección 504 de la Ley de Rehabilitación de 1973, según enmendada.
Los siguientes miembros del personal del distrito han sido designados para coordinar el cumplimiento de estos requisitos legales:
- Coordinador del Título IX, por preocupaciones relacionadas con la discriminación por motivos de género: Mr. Richard Wright, Superintendente de Escuelas, PO Box 250 Agua Dulce, Texas 78330 361-998-2542.
- Coordinador de la Sección 504, por preocupaciones relacionadas con la discriminación por discapacidad: comuníquese con el Richard Wright, Superintendente de Escuelas, PO Box 250 Agua Dulce, Texas 78330 (361) 998-2542.
- Todas las demás inquietudes relacionadas con la discriminación: comuníquese con el Richard Wright, Superintendente de Escuelas, PO Box 250 Agua Dulce, Texas 78330 (361) 998-2542.
The staff of ADISD and the community of Agua Dulce have a common goal to provide the best quality education we can for our students. Becoming a District of Innovation will give us the opportunity and flexibility to provide a more personal, strategic and transparent plan for all stakeholders of ADISD. We want what is best for our students, teachers and their families. This District of Innovation Committee has spent several hours of discussion regarding concerns from a broad spectrum of the community. All present have considered the language of the proposal and feel that the innovations proposed in this plan are good for students, teachers, parents and the community.
OUR 2020 SENIORS!
Welcome to Agua Dulce ISD
Home of the "FIGHTING LONGHORNS"